An FMCG Company having 57 warehouses is managed by 50 service providers in India, thereby increasing operational complexities & communication issues. The company believes in “Performance with Purpose” – a goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value. Their products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Generating in 2015 more than US $63 billion in net revenue, they are also driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio, including 22 brands that generate more than US $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
The FMCG Company had recently found itself under a lot of pressure to achieve the desired growth and profitability in India by maintaining such a large organization structure for ensuring standardization of its processes and to improve efficiency across its supply chain ecosystem.
By implementing the technology tool at their units, the FMCG Company can now:
- Derive information with references, evidences, and data points.
- Prioritise daily tasks and also provided tool for real-time collaboration and feedback.
- Enable dissemination of information through the tools e-Learning media and thus enable personnel’s to easily understand the system.
- Connect the right person to solve an issue using an innovative feature in the system called 'WIDAQ' (when in doubt, ask question).
- Prescribes the course of action to be taken for a situation thereby ensuring that issues do not reoccur.
- Create a knowledge-base for all activities at a central repository.
- Effectively operationalize resources faster with reduced cost structures.
- Adhere to global standards and is structured according to American Productivity & Quality Center (APQC) Standards.
- Ensure standardisation of processes across the Company, thereby enabling the Company the ability to implement ‘Six Sigma’ framework using DMAIC cycle.
The technology tool was implemented at the FMCG Company unit through a structured ten weeks engagement program to ensure adoption of the 'Planet Way of Working' at the unit. The engagement ensured that everyone was aligned to the common goal of making this implementation a success.
Reduction in the risk generated by 36% after just three months of implementation of the tool.
Increased the probability of task getting completed on time by more than 60%.
Unit Managers with a complete toolkit can manage the unit and all the other touch points within the Unit’s ecosystem.
Real-time feedback and suggestions improved the overall efficiency of the unit.
Peace of mind that helps each employee concentrate on their job instead of fire-fighting all the time.